On Account of the GumBy
How do you get gum out of your hair? From the madcap mind of award-winning children's author Adam Rex comes a book about how the best intentions lead to the worst (and funniest) ideas!
So, you got bubblegum in your hair--and before you know it, a pair of scissors, some butter, your rabbit, and the cat are also stuck up there. And to make matters worse, it's picture day!
With each turn of the page in On Account of the Gum, the situation gets stickier, sillier, and more desperate. Kids will love this all-too-familiar story, told in verse and propelled by charming illustrations, about one family's best efforts to get the gum un-stuck . . . by any means necessary.
"Adam Rex is one of the best writers making picture books today, and . . . On Account of the Gum just might be his best picture book yet."
--Mac Barnett, New York Times bestselling author of the Caldecott Honor books Sam and Dave Dig a Hole and Extra Yarn
CLASSIC STORY: Readers of all ages will instantly relate to this problem that kids have faced since the invention of bubble gum.
AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR: Adam Rex books are filled with whimsical rhymes and hilarious illustrations that make him one of the most beloved and children's book authors working today.
READ ALOUD FUN: Told in clever rhyming verse, this funny book is perfect for story time on the couch or in the classroom.
- Parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, and educators looking for a delightful read-aloud tale
- Anyone looking for funny kids books for girl or boy
- Readers who enjoy the zany humor of Dragons Love Tacos, The Wonky Donkey, and books by Jory John and Mo Willems
- Fans of Adam Rex's award-winning picture books, including the New York Times bestsellers Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich, School's First Day of School (with illustrator Christian Robinson), and Chu's Day (with author Neil Gaiman)
- Anyone who has ever had gum stuck in their hair!
By Adam Rex